$7.50 for 2 Ayam Penyet Sets at Waroeng Penyet in Bugis (Worth $13). Choose from 4 Meal Combinations.
- Cheery, relaxed dining atmosphere
- Tasty traditional Indonesian Cuisine
- Wide range of menu selections
- No GST and Service Charge
- Limited Groupons available
- 2 Ayam Penyet Sets
- 1 Set of 1 Tahu Tempe Telor Penyet + 1 Satay Ayam + 1 Bakso Soup
- 1 Set of 1 Ayam Penyet + 1 Sotong Penyet + 1 Kangkung Belacan + 1 Kerupuk
- 1 Set of 1 Ayam Penyet + 1 Sayur Asam + 1 Kangkung Belacan + 1 Satay Ayam
Valid 3 months. Limit 5 Groupons per person, may buy maximum 5 as gifts. Limit 1 Groupon per visit. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid with other promotions and discounts. Valid at Liang Seah Street only.
Groupon printout MUST be provided.
See the rules that apply to all deals.
- For $7.50, you get Two Ayam Penyet Sets (worth $13).
- For $10.20, you get One Set of Tahu Tempe Telor Penyet, Satay Ayam and Bakso Soup (worth $17).
- For $11.64, you get One Set of Ayam Penyet, Sotong Penyet, Kangkung Belacan and Kerupuk (worth $19.40).
- For $13.20, you get One Set of Ayam Penyet, Sayur Asam, Kangkung Belacan and Satay Ayam (worth $22).
Hit hunger over the head with a hammer with two servings of Ayam Penyet at Waroeng Penyet. “Waroeng” referring to a traditional hut in Indonesia, and “Penyet” meaning flattened, banish images of flattened huts and dig in to fried chicken hammered into flavourful submission. Enjoy the chicken with the side of fried tempe and fried tofu, as well as indulging in the fiery sambal chilli provided.
Tahu Tempe Telor Penyet (Fried Egg, Tempe & Beancurd)
Satay Ayam (Chicken Satay)
Choose from four varied meal options for sharing, including mouthwatering Satay Ayam (chicken) and spicy Kangkung stir-fried with authentic Indonesian Belacan. Thrill tastebuds with a tangy Sayur Asam, a sweet and sour soup featuring long beans, peanuts and jackfruit, or a savoury Bakso Soup featuring beef meatballs.
Bakso Soup (Beefball Soup with Noodle and Bee Hoon)
Kangkung Belacan (Stir-fried Kangkong with Belacan)
Sotong Penyet (Flattened fried Squid)
Fill up with other forms of Penyet such as Empat (beef), Bawal (pomfret) or Udang (prawn), cool off with an Iced Cendol ($2.50) or Avocado Juice ($3.00).
Sayur Asam (Indonesian Sour Vegetable Soup)
The real highlight is their delicious sambal chili that is an explosion of flavours beyond just spicy hot. Oh, they have two versions - go for the HOT one. The mild one is a wimpy, tomato-ey shadow of it. The only downside of the hot version is...your tongue is numbed after a while and you can barely taste your food thereafter. Ah sigh. Food joy for only a few minutes."
My personal favourite is the Sate Ayam which has a different texture and peanut paste from the regular satays we are used to. The difference is that the grilled meat sprinkled with fried shallots more succulent and tender, and the sauce smoother and less spiced."
- Daniel's Food Diary
One of my favourite satay ever! Never mind that they're unlike the ones that we're accustomed to. It's the taste that matters and I love these. The tender and nicely-marinated chicken meat. And that sauce. Boy!"
Monday to Thursday: 11am - 11pm
Friday: 11am - 12am
Saturday: 12pm - 12am
Sunday: 12pm - 11pm