Batam city & shopping tour
- 1-day tour for 1 for $18 (up to 38 value)
- 1-day tour + massage or go-karting for 1 for $28 (up to $48 value)
One of the largest cities in the Riau Islands Province and a favourite free trade retail zone and leisure destination of citizens of patrons from neighbouring islands and natives alike, Batam perpetuates the essence of a boomtown with all the appeal of modern amenities and strong Sumatran heritage. The one-day tour offers guests a chance to explore this urban locale and briefly immerse selves in the quintessential Batam lifestyle with a mixture of sightseeing and retail therapy.
- Depart from Singapore’s Harbourfront at 8am on a high speed ferry to Sekupang International Ferry Terminal and allow the winds and waves to provide company on the way to your destination west of Bintan Island. Upon arrival, the first stop the tour group will make is to the Buddhist house of worship known as Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Monestary where Happy Buddha statues fill forecourts and gardens, depicting communion with various animals. A bit of shopping begins at the Polo Ralph Lauren outlet before heading over to Taman Mini Indonesia Indah or the Indonesian Miniature Park, a recreational park portraying everyday Indonesian life from streets and monuments to clothing in miniature scale.
- Golden Bay City is next on the list where travellers can take in surroundings and enjoy a turn about the location, with the option of go-karting and getting a traditional Indonesian massage. Lunch will ensue in the form of a buffet of typical Indonesian delicacies before continuing the venture to a kueh lapis factory.
- Local culture takes centre stage at the Pondok Wisata cultural show where actors in elegant and elaborate costumes dance and reenact some of the region’s epic folklore. That is then followed by another dose of shopping at the batik factory outlet, and ending at Batam Shopping Mall where tired tourists can enjoy free and easy time, collecting last bits of memories and preparing for the journey home before the setting of the sun
- Arrival at Sekupang International Ferry Terminal
- Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Monastery
- Polo Ralph Lauren outlet
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah
- Golden Bay City
- Bengkong dry market
- Bird’s Nest shop
- Indonesian buffet lunch
- Kueh lapis Factory
- Pondok Wisata Cultural Show
- Batik Factory Outlets
- Batam Shopping Mall (free and easy)
- Departure to Singapore