Stay + ferry + tour + go-karting
- 2D1N stay for 1 for $38 (up to $108 value)
Stay + ferry + tour + go-karting + air-gun / massage
- 2D1N stay for 1 for $48 (up to $118 value)
Hotel at a glance
Located near Batam City Square mall, Gideon Hotel is awash in warm tones with rich, red accents that belie its minimalistic charms. After a day around town or an indulgent round of go-karting, settle in with a movie via the room’s 42-inch television, opt for a relaxing bout at the in-house spa, or check in with work at the business centre.
Batam, Indonesia: Duty-Free Shopping and Golfing Haven
Located approximately 20 kilometres away from Singapore, Batam is part of the Riau Archipelago that stretches from the east of Sumatra to the south of Singapore, providing travellers with a quick weekend getaway within the convenience of the city. The island is a free trade zone teeming with duty-free shopping opportunities, and many of its malls are located in Nagoya, the main commercial district in Batam. Nagoya Hill is the crowning glory of the town, a three-storey development that has a mix of retail shopping, dining outlets, and a cinema on the top floor. Look out for international brands like Ralph Lauren, Ann Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as a number of shops selling local goods such as batik fabric, handicrafts, and kueh lapis.
You can hire a taxi to drive you around the island, which also boasts six golf courses, tropical beaches with watersports, and the Batam Miniature Park that features replicas of traditional houses unique to different provinces within Indonesia. Keep an eye out for the iconic structure of the Barelang Bridges that connect Batam to its neighbouring islands, a popular place for sightseeing and photography. After a day of exploration, refuel at one of the waterfront restaurants perched on stilts – also known as kelong – that serve fresh seafood like chilli crabs, sweet and sour king prawns, and gong gong, a type of sea snail typically found around the waters of the Riau Archipelago, accompanied by sips of refreshing coconut water straight from the fruit.
Singapore – Batam
- Departure time: 9am (GMT +8)
Batam – Singapore
- Departure time: 3pm (GMT +7)
Travellers are advised to check in at least 90 minutes prior to departure. For reference only, schedule subject to change and availability.
- Sauna, massage, and steam facilities
- Business centre
Add-Ons (payable to PT Best Batam Tour & Travel)
- Stay with extra bed and breakfast for guest aged 2 and above: 1 Groupon per person
- Stay without extra bed for guest aged 2 - 12: $30 per person
- Stay without extra bed for guest aged 1 and below: $20 per person
- Stay extension with extra bed and breakfast for guest aged 2 and above: $35 per person
- Stay extension without extra bed for guest aged 2 - 12: $15 per person
- Stay extension without extra bed for guest aged 1 and below: free